art Director at Digital Pulp | September 2016–Present
Digital Pulp is a web strategy, design, and development agency specializing in higher education, the health industry, and non-profits. My clients at DP include the University of North Carolina, the University of Virginia, and Hologic.
- Transitioned the design team from Photoshop to Sketch and implemented internal procedures for efficiency and smoother developer hand-off.
- Helped spearhead an initiative to develop a company approach to accessibility based on the WCAG 2.0 guidelines, but built on user empathy and understanding, not an abstracted checklist of success criteria.
Lead Designer at Flavorpill Media | January–September 2016
Flavorpill Media is an online publisher and event production company that works with top-shelf clients like Woodford Reserve, Microsoft, and Perrier to create and curate unique experiences for its audience of over 500,000 subscribers.
Two years after having worked at Flavorpill as an intern and contractor while in graduate school, I was rehired as Lead Designer and replaced my own supervisor.
- Developed and managed the art direction for major event programs in New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago, and Miami.
- Raised the company design standards with updated Sales templates, new brand guides, modernized newsletters, and improved Creative Services workflow.
Designer at Convoy, LLC | October 2014–January 2016
Convoy is a full-service design studio located in Charlottesville, VA. I joined the team to help develop and grow brand identities, create print materials, and design user experiences and interfaces for modern, responsive websites.
- Worked as primary UX/UI designer on half a dozen websites, including a $65 million capital campaign site for national historical landmark Monticello. The success of that site led to the sale of a second Monticello web project, Convoy’s biggest to date.
- Developed my first brand within my first few months at Convoy, for one of the company’s biggest projects, a new craft distillery.
New York University
Master of Fine Arts, 2014.
University of Virginia
Bachelor of Arts, with Distinction, 2012.